Tonight is the Season 13 Premiere of Grey’s Anatomy and with this being my most committed relationship; I am feeling a lot. The premiere of season 13 is kind of bittersweet because my favorite character; Callie Torres, will not be back this season. It’s a fact that I tried to ignore since the season 12 finale but I must face the reality of the situation now.
Callie Torres was a very special character for me; not only was she a strong Latina on television but she was a strong BISEXUAL Latina on television. Seeing Callie Torres dance in her underwear while she was being unapologetically herself is the very first time I related to anyone on television. This is why I have decided to make a post about the 9 life lessons Callie Torres taught me.
- Never be afraid to dance like nobody is watching.
2. Always speak your mind.
3. Always be willing to help another girl out of a stick situation.
4. There will be days when everything is going wrong and that is okay. Cry as loud as you need to.
5. When crying doesn’t work take an emotional day. Allow yourself to feel everything.
6. Never accept anything less then what you deserve.
7. Do not apologize for wearing your heart on your sleeve.
8. Stand up for who you are and don’t allow anyone to diminish your bisexuality.
“So, I’m bisexual! So what? It’s a thing! And it’s real. I mean, it’s called LGBTQ for a reason. There’s a B in there and it doesn’t mean badass. Okay, it kind of does, but it also means bi!”
– Callie Torres
9. Allow yourself to be a confident independent woman. Embrace your flaws and forget your insecurities. Love with everything you have and the rest will take care of itself.
Not only is my love for Callie Torres very real but my love and admiration for Sara Ramirez knows no bounds. Sara Ramirez has been a strong advocate for bisexuality awareness and as it is Bisexuality awareness week I wanted to give a quick shout-out to the woman who inadvertently encouraged me to be the truest form of myself. So, thank you Sara Ramirez. Thank you Shonda Rhimes. I hope that Callie Torres eventually comes back to rock our world but until then lets watch Season 13 of Grey’s Anatomy tonight (Thursday – 9/21) at 8|7c.